We are happy to offer a treeless saddle demo program. We work one-on-one with our customers to ensure the best fit for you and your horse – and are here to answer questions and offer help throughout the life of your saddle.
We work hard to make sure you get the saddle and fit you are wanting. However, if we think the saddle is not a fit for your needs, we will let you know in the beginning, so as not to waste your time and money – or ours. We’re proud to say that our saddle return rate is 6% at best.
Once you’ve spoken with us and selected the right saddle for your needs, it’s time to try it out.
How the Demo Program Works
- You will need to buy a new saddle.
- A 10% saddle restocking fee is charged for all returned saddles. This is 10% of the saddle price only (not charged on pads or accessories).
- From the date your Freeform treeless saddle arrives, you have 7 days to test it out. For saddles kept 7 days or longer, you will be charged $10/day – unless previously approved. This is in addition to the 10% restocking fee.
- Please keep the saddle in like NEW condition – saddles tags in place, clean, and free from hair and dirt. We understand riding can be dirty! If saddle is returned damaged or dirty, charges will apply to the refund.
- Do NOT use your saddle on long trail rides, conditioning rides or endurance rides. Doing so deems the saddle USED - and we can no longer accept it back.
- Please call before returning your saddle. If the saddle is returned without approval, there will be an additional 15% restocking fee, for a total of 25%.
- You will be responsible for shipping both ways if returning.
- When the saddle is received, it will be gone over and a credit issued.
- NOTE: It may take as long as 7 days for the refund to credit your card. We process it as soon as we receive it; however, the bank may have a delay in posting your credit.
Saddle Demo Tips
- Make the correct adjustment(s) to the horse's fit, per our advice. Remember, we are here to help you get the perfect fit!
- Please take a moment to watch our videos on saddle fit and more - sometimes it's easier to see visuals. You can also watch via our Vimeo video channel.
- While testing out your new saddle, we recommend you take short 20 minute rides.
- Take time to adjust your seat and stirrups leathers. Sometimes it is a small adjustment of ¼”. This can take several rides to find the right placement; then it’s magical.
- You will be using different muscles going treeless. It takes some time to adjust.
- Please call your Rep with any questions. We’re here for you!
See also Trying Out Your New Saddle for more information and tips.
Helpful Resources to Learn More:
- Fitting Your Horse & You - Choosing the right saddle and pad, factoring in weight, fitting with panels, evaluating cinch/girth length and tips for trying out your saddle
- Overview of Freeform Saddles - Find out what makes Freeform unique, including saddle details; sizing, features and options; and saddle care.
- FAQs - Often when someone is considering changing from something they are used to - like a saddle with a tree, to an unknown - like a saddle without a tree, they have many questions. Find answers in our FAQs.
- Watch Videos - Get saddle fitting tips, saddle spotlights, setup tips & quick changes with accessories and tips for gaited horses
- Saddle Guides - Considering treeless saddles for your gaited horse? Start here Saddles for Gaited Horses & Tips for You, See also Saddles for Trail Riding and for Endurance Riding.
- Saddle Demo Program - We work with you one-on-one to ensure the best fit for you and your horse. We’re proud to say that our saddle return rate is less than 6%.
- Raves from Riders - Browse the many raves that riders have shared over the years about the benefits of Freeform treeless saddles