Treeless Saddles for Endurance
The top endurance riders in the world have chosen Freeform treeless saddles over the years. Not only are our saddles super comfortable for the rider, we have tons of adjustments for you to enable the correct seat and balance over the long miles. We strive hard to have all the fitting options that you will need to correctly fit your horse over the long haul as well.
A horse can lose up to, or over, 90 pounds on a 100-mile ride. Think of what that does to your horse’s back. You need a saddle that can adjust and move freely with you over the distance. Freeform is the answer for many riders, including Tammy Gagnon, Rusty Toth and Suzanne Ford Huff.
Most Winning Treeless Saddle of the Tevis Cup
If you look over our website and read the history of the Tevis Cup, you will see that Freeform has been chosen by many of the winners - and also those of the Haggin Cup. In fact, we are the top winning saddle in the past 25 years.
We have built our saddles to:
- Withstand the distance
- Distribute the rider’s weight
- Move with the horse’s back
"I have been using Freeform Saddles since just after they first came out - so for 10-15 years. I used them exclusively with both my homebred 3000 +decade team mares, Sd SzZaphira3 and SD Expressa10. Between the two, they had 14 100-mile finishes (13 of those were Top Ten) and 19 BC's!" - Suzanne Ford Huff
If you’re in the market for a treeless endurance saddle, you’ve come to the right place. Feel free to read some of the many endurance rider raves we’ve received over the years. You’ll also find reviews on our saddle pages as well.
Treeless Endurance Saddles
The Classic Cutback - Offers wither relief with all the benefits of going treeless. A very comfy all-around saddle great for endurance, as well as general pleasure riding, flatwork, hunting, and some jumping. This saddle has been the choice of many of the top endurance riders.
Pathfinder (with or without fenders)
The Pathfinder – The most comfortable and secure trail saddle we have designed yet. Deep cantle holds you in. Beautiful Nubuck seat adds comfort with a bit of grip. Soft interchangeable pommel provides security. Cutback to fit all withers – from mutton to shark fin. Also available with fenders.
The Classic DKR - Offering the same technical qualities of the Classic line - with the addition of removable and adjustable Freeform Flexi-Blocs (knee rolls) under the front flap. The DKR model allows you to individually tailor thigh and knee support.
Questions? Contact Us!
Although I no longer do endurance myself, I still continue to strive to fit and design saddles for the endurance community. To correctly fit for the long-haul. Whitney and I would like to thank the endurance community for choosing Freeform over the years. We know if these saddles work for the endurance world, they will work for the rest of the equestrian world.
Happy Trials, Paulita & Whitney
Helpful Resources to Learn More:
- Fitting Your Horse & You - Choosing the right saddle and pad, factoring in weight, fitting with panels, evaluating cinch/girth length and tips for trying out your saddle
- Overview of Freeform Saddles - Find out what makes Freeform unique, including saddle details; sizing, features and options; and saddle care.
- FAQs - Often when someone is considering changing from something they are used to - like a saddle with a tree, to an unknown - like a saddle without a tree, they have many questions. Find answers in our FAQs.
- Watch Videos - Get saddle fitting tips, saddle spotlights, setup tips & quick changes with accessories and tips for gaited horses
- Saddle Guides - Considering treeless saddles for your gaited horse? Start here Saddles for Gaited Horses & Tips for You, See also Saddles for Trail Riding and for Endurance Riding.
- Saddle Demo Program - We work with you one-on-one to ensure the best fit for you and your horse. We’re proud to say that our saddle return rate is less than 6%.
- Raves from Riders - Browse the many raves that riders have shared over the years about the benefits of Freeform treeless saddles