Bells & Whistles You'll Love
This saddle has all the new bells and whistles that the other Freeforms have - and more - including beautiful tooling on the jockey.
- The Scout's seat cantle is the same as in the ultimate trail seat I designed - giving you a lovely deep, secure seat with a narrow twist.
- Added bolster option (that is removable if not wanted) and added jockeys to really give you a great seat!
- Your legs will drape nicely under you for the correct balance.
- Added small wooden fork offers extra security and a nice place to rest your hands… or hang your “stuff.”
- Wave Leathers (included) - Fenders also work great on this saddle. If you are interested in fenders, please see the Scout with Fenders.
Read more reviews of the Freeform Scout here.
Fitting your horse is a breeze with the new full girthing option. The Scout will accommodate the panel system for the hard-to-fit horse, or the heavier rider.
Free one-on-one fitting is offered for all Freeform saddles - to ensure your saddle fits both you and your horse. Please contact us at 540-271-4577 with any questions - we're here to help!
Shortback Only with a seat size of a 15 western.
Sale saddle, priced to move $500.00 savings :) not returnable.
Saddle Base Sizing
- Shortback 20" Base (SB Base) - Equal to a western 15" and a 17" in an English
- 26" - for riders 5'4" and under
- 29" - for riders 5'5" to 5'9"
- 32" - for riders over 5'10"
Choosing the Correct Seat Size for the Freeform Scout Saddle
The primary consideration for the rider of a treeless saddle is the seat size.
** PLEASE NOTE: The Freeform Scout seat does NOT run in a normal sizing. Please call us at 540-271-4577 for sizing assistance.
If you are in a 17, you will need to bump up to a 18. For instance, I’m 5’6” and 145 (most of the time) I ride comfortable in a 18 Ultimate trail seat. Usually I would be in a 17 or 17.5”.
This is my 100-mile saddle. I use it all the time and it just keeps getting better and better. It reminds me of a good ball glove or some work boots; it conforms to you and to your horse. I particularly like how light and durable it is. The saddle never slides on my horses' back. Feel free to call or email me. You can get my vitals from the AERC website.